Clark Price is a trial attorney and certified mediator.
Clark has been a lawyer since 1979. He began his career as a general practice attorney and later as a criminal prosecutor. Over the years Clark has developed experience in a variety of areas of law. He represents hospitals and physicians in proceedings before the South Carolina Medical Board and trial courts. Clark also tries cases that involve real estate and business disputes. He defends cases brought against the City of Greenville, South Carolina.
Clark has appeared before South Carolina’s Court of Appeals and Supreme Court on numerous occasions in a variety of matters, including landlord-tenant disagreements, civil conspiracy claims, and personal injury actions. Clark is a past President of the Greenville County Bar Association and has served as Chair of the Association’s Client Relations Committee. Clark has been named one of the Best Lawyers in America® annually since 2012 in the area of medical malpractice defense. In 2015 he was named by his peers Lawyer of the Year for Greenville Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants.
In addition to his work as a trial lawyer, Clark is a Supreme Court-certified mediator for civil cases throughout the state.
Clark is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association and is a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Civil Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Professional Liability
- University of South Carolina, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1976
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1979
- Greenville County Bar Association (Past President)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- South Carolina – 1979
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina – 1980
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit – 1980
Reported & Notable Cases
- Kiriakides v. United Artists Comm., 307 S.C. 72 (1992)
- Adkins v. Varn, 312 S.C. 188 (1993)
- Riden v. Kemet Electronics, 313 S.C. 261 (Ct. App. 1993)
- Ambruoso v. Oconee Memorial Hosp. Inc., 89 F.3d 827 (4th Cir. 1996)
- Carolina Alliance v. SC LLR, 337 S.C. 476 (Ct. App. 1999)
- White v. JM Brown Amusement Co., Inc., 360 S.C. 366 (2004)
- McMillian v. Oconee Memorial Hosp., Inc., 367 S.C. 559 (2006)
- Bennett v. Investors Title, 370 S.C. 578 (Ct. App. 2006)
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2012-2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year (Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants), 2013, 2016
- Legal Elite in Health Care Law, Greenville Business Magazine, 2018-2022
- Martindale-Hubbell, “AV/Preeminent Attorney” rating