After decades of dedicated service, attorney and mediator Jack D. Griffeth bids farewell as he embarks on a well-deserved retirement. With a remarkable professional journey spanning nearly fifty years, Jack leaves behind a legacy of excellence and integrity in the legal field. Throughout his career, Jack has consistently displayed exceptional legal expertise and unwavering commitment to his clients.
As a mediator, Jack has been instrumental in facilitating peaceful resolutions and fostering cooperation in countless disputes. His empathetic nature and exceptional communication skills have allowed him to deftly navigate challenging negotiations, guiding parties towards mutually beneficial agreements.
Beyond his professional accomplishments, Jack has been an integral part of the Cassidy Coates Price law firm family. Known for his approachable demeanor and warm personality, he has mentored and inspired countless young attorneys, sharing his wealth of knowledge and instilling in them a passion for justice.
As Jack embarks on this new chapter of his life, he leaves behind an indelible mark on the legal profession and an enduring legacy at Cassidy Coates Price. His remarkable achievements, unwavering professionalism, and compassionate approach will continue to inspire those who have had the privilege of working with him.
We extend our heartfelt gratitude to Jack D. Griffeth for his invaluable contributions and wish him a joyous and fulfilling retirement, filled with new adventures and well-deserved relaxation. His presence will be greatly missed, and his legacy will continue to shine brightly within our firm, the legal community, and the Greenville and South Carolina bars.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1976
- Wofford College, B.A., Liberal Arts, Summa Cum Laude, 1973
- South Carolina, 1976
- South Carolina Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- S.C. Board of Arbitrator and Mediator Certification, approved Circuit Court Mediator
- South Carolina Bar Association, House of Delegates Representative for 13th Circuit, 1992 – present
- Greenville County Bar Association, Past President, 2011
- American Board of Trial Lawyers
- National Board of Trial Attorneys
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- South Carolina Bar Foundation, Former Board of Directors
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Employment Law Committee
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2005-2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year (Mediation), 2016
- Legal Elite of the Upstate, Greenville Business Magazine, 2015-2022
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® Top 25, 2016
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® Top 10, 2015
- South Carolina Super Lawyers®, 2008-2023
- Nation’s “Top One Percent”, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2016
- Leadership in Law Award, South Carolina Lawyers Weekly, 2013
- Tommy Thomason Award, Greenville Bar Association (2008)
- Martindale-Hubbell, “AV/Preeminent Attorney” rating
- Speaker, Tips for Effective Advocacy in Mediation, Haynsworth-Perry American Inn of Court Panel, May 2016
- Speaker, CLE on Law Office Management, South Carolina Bar Convention (2014)
- Speaker, South Carolina Bar Seminar on Civil Litigation, February 2012
- Speaker, Is Your Company Passing the Test?, Workplace Drug Testing, February 2011
- Featured Speaker, Palmetto Paralegal Association Meeting, January 2011
- Speaker, Free Seminar Series: How to Avoid the Pitfalls of Litigation: Tips to Keep Your Company out of Court, July 201